My Recent Project

08 January, 2007




Hi guys, this is one of the recent paintings I did for my job. I was given a black and white photo of this sign and I had to make it in color. After that I will have to apply filters and give it texture in Painter depending on the setting of the room that it will go in. The printing size of it is width 44 inches and height 30. the composition is straight forward, because I was asked to make it that way. Enjoy it and give me any suggestions on how to improve it. PEACE

8 Comments:

Blogger Alekos Alexakis said...

WHen I uploaded the contrast changed.( at least on my screen) I feel that there is a white overlay the piece of you see that it's not supposed to be there.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Caleb Prochnow said...

so, did you paint this from scratch or work on top of a black and white photo? either way its looking pretty sweet.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Alekos Alexakis said...

i ll put the steps in my blog.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Chris Sanchez said...

very clean photoshop work....well done.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Duncan Barton said...

alex, it looks great and thanks for the process. How big was this image?

8:47 AM  
Blogger Alekos Alexakis said...

This was my first image and I wasn't really happy with the results. The painting is actually 44 by 30something 150DPI so when is printed large you can see lots of detail like rust bolts flaking paint etc. but I am not happy with the tube lighthing. I am goign to post the second painting which is way cleaner and actully is taking less time. Peace

9:19 AM  
Blogger Edward Kinsella III said...

Damn. I feel like neon would be a bitch. Great luminosity.....this is totally believeable. Great job ALEXO.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Mirna said...

looks good aleko. i think theboard with "her majesty" could have a bit more texture on it. are you working with channels in photoshop? it's very good for adding texture.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home