Just a little girl

16 March, 2007





Hi guys I was contacted by a lady to do a children's book, I created this character with a bunch of drawings and research and when she approved it, and I told her my price per ilustration, she sai I was out of her league. My price wasn't high enough according to the Ethical pricing guide it was actualluy less than half. The job included creating 4 characters and make the illustrations in certain environments. Anyways at least I have this cute little girl. Have fun

4 Comments:

Blogger Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

Hey Alex. I understand where you are coming from when it comes to pricing your own work. For me, if the price is not up to standard I go by how much like the project and how much it could be a benefit. Take it easy-O

6:11 PM  
Blogger Alekos Alexakis said...

Thank you John for the advice, I agree with you but I would not do all that work for $50 a piece, and I understand that was the budget she had, but if she had a known publisher and I knew that the book might have a chance to be seen by a lot of people I would consider a cheapest price. Anyways it is all good. By the way John I saw your blog nice STUFF.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Cateris said...

Just curious who was the lady you were working with?
I just finish doing a childrens book and she mentioned talking to some Ringling grads.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Dayngr said...

Cute she is!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home