Morning Warm-Ups

10 December, 2007




So...every morning when I get to work I spend the first half hour warming up with some sort of quick painting. It's pretty much nessasary for me to start the day being that I ride a scooter to work most days and lately it's been about 35 degrees in the morning. So a little warm-up is a must to get my fingers moving. Sometimes they end at a half hour, and sometimes I work a little on one painting several mornings in a row. These are a few of them. The top pic is about a full week of mornings worth and the bottom pic is about 2 days; the middle image is a single half hour warmup. Enjoy!!!

12 Comments:

Blogger mauricio salmon said...

wow these are all great, the top one is amazing, nice lighting; and yes the cold does suck.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Alekos Alexakis said...

B. Green they all kick ass but for sure the top one is awesome. Great work man.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Caleb Prochnow said...

Wow, I'm impressed. awesome work.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Shawn Witt said...

great stuff, man!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Mirna said...

i like the idea of "warm-up-sketches"
nice work.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Carlos V. said...

Yeah I know a lot of people that have that habit and it's a great one. Good stuff dude. I definitely like the top one but the middle one has a great quality to it.

2:37 PM  
Blogger simon cox said...

Man they are great, I love the gesture of the bottom two the top one is an awesome narrative, Man great stuff.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Brandon Green said...

Thanks, everybody, for the great feedback. Warmups ARE a really good habit to get into; one that I definately recommend, just as long as your boss is cool with it. (ummmmm...don't get fired) And may I say..."Holy Reappearing act Batman, it's Shawn Witt!!"

6:32 PM  
Blogger Olumuyiwa Ajagbe said...

WHATEVER! warm-ups my butt! you make my finish work look like warm-ups, specially the first one. Great Work!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Chris Sanchez said...

whoa most impressive. the top one rules!

1:26 AM  
Blogger mauricio salmon said...

haha! shawn witt!!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Duncan Barton said...

ass kicking!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home