Hello Blogarians!

26 September, 2008



This is an ink on paper contour drawing of an artist by the name of Bhagavan Das. He sings ancient mantras to a modern and sometimes english mix. The most simple of mantras is "OM", "AUM" or "AMEN", which we have all heard of and is incorporated into many religions. OM is believed to be the cosmic vibration that holds together the atoms of the world and heavens. Supposedly it is the vibration at which we all resonate. I find that theory to be fascinating and it works as a tool to help me visualize, draw or paint what is non physical, you know the whole space between thing. My intentions concerning my recent work have been attempts at letting go completely, not pushing the pen but being pulled by it. Sounds silly but this is how most of my recent work has manifested. One great attribute of this process is that it lacks expectation which in return relieves disappointment. I suppose applying and maintaining this action in the commercial field would be the real test. I believe many of the Blogarians have already accomplished this.

PS: I am very impressed with the over all growth and determination and family like community that I still see here at Blogarians. The web site looks fantastic and all the work that everyone has been posting is truly incredible. Great to be back.

3 Comments:

Blogger mauricio salmon said...

i hope to see more jake!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Carlos V. said...

great to have you back, and i hope you stay back haha! Beautiful drawing by the way.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Chris Sanchez said...

nice stuff

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home